Monday, November 19, 2007

The weekend, good, bad and ugly

Wow, it was eventful. And boy did it make me miss Trai even more. Worked the bar Friday night to a full crowd. And they had about a million requests. I asked somebody why it is nobody makes requests when Trai wroks as DJ and was told he just looks too mean. That made me giggle a bit. Everyone having a million requests kept me busy, but it made life pretty damn easy too, so that was ok ok.
Saturday was a horse of a different color. Dothan Bikefest was this weekend and Shyloh didn't want to go alone, so he bought me an armband Friday and told me I was his for Saturday. Yeah. I woke up after going to bed at 3 am with heartburn so bad from those hashbrowns and patty melt when I got off work that it made me sick, really sick. Get over that, smoke a ciggarette, drink a cup of coffee, chain smoke another half a pack, drink 5 more cups of coffee, yeah, maybe now we're awake...
I call Shyloh to see what time he'll be here to get me, he tells me between 930 and 10, so I decide I best be getting dressed. Get my hair pulled back, my makeup on, find something to wear, get my 3 pairs of socks on (yeah, ummm, my feet are not gonna be cold on that bike) pick up my boots and oh my god, I am going to KILL THAT DOG! I turn my boot upside down and pour bubbles out of it. Yeah, so I keep a gallon of bubbles in my closet. And maybe I shouldn't have left the closet door open, but in my haste to get dressed for work, I did. And apparently that gallon of bubbles looked good to my darlin puppy dog. He chewed through the bottle and they leaked out into my damn Harley boots. Thats ok, I can wear my uggs, right? Ummmm no, full of bubbles too. So I throw my Harley boots in the dryer and pout while I hear clunk clunk clunk.
Shyloh gets here, comes in and waits on me to finish getting dressed. I get my chaps on, get my almost dry boots on, my toboggan, my bandanna on my face (yeah, it's cold, I'm riding round here looking like a pink leopard skin bank robber), gloves, goggles, helmet. Head towards the bike and what the hell, Shylohs bike won't crank. The battery he has just charged is dead. He tries and tries, tries to push it off, nothing. So I go find a key to Trai's. Bobby calls and says Gerald is on his way, so now we gotta wait on him. Finally Gerald gets there and we are on our way.
Now for those of you that don't know, I got on the bike for the first time in June. I had only been on one once before and was terrified. I was still terrified in June, but Trai got me used to it and now one might argue I like to ride more than him. But riding with Shyloh was different. First off, Shyloh is taller and skinnier. The windflow on me is different. And I don't like it. Then Shyloh leans into the curves more and harder than Trai. and I'm not so sure about that either. And there's the dfact that Shyloh is a speed demon, and I'm not so big on that either. Don't get me wrong, Trai is too, but he knows better when I'm on the bike with him. Shyloh also rides the very edge of the road, wow, I hate that. So I pray, all the way to Dothan, just let me make it, LOL. Get there and the place is almost a ghost town. Write it off to being 11 in the morning. We wander, for a few hours, it's still barely anyone there. Bikefest was a bust, for sure. So Shyloh says lets go have a beer, and the next thing I know, we're in Florida. I come home, try to catch a nap and get ready for work. At 11, I was realeased from my DJ duties, cause the bar was DEAD. I just gave up, wrote it up as a bad day and came home to sleep. Sunday nothing special happened, watched the last race of the season and Thank god Jimmie Johnson kept that title away from Jeff Gordon. Yeah, I hate em both, but he was the lesser of two evils...
So for thanksgiving, we decied to postpone it. Yeah, who knew you could do that right? So I'm gonna cook on Friday, so Trai can be here. My grandmother is coming, and one of my aunts, with her children and my Uncle Clays children (he and his wife are out of town working), so thats ummm, counting my kids, 10 kids, because Jennifer and Jonathon and Ronnie will be here too. So my Thanksgiving that wasn't happening has turned kinda big. and that makes me happy...
Here's a few pics from bikefest. Some really pretty bikes and some really old bikes. Enjoy!!

No comments: