Monday, November 26, 2007

A good weekend

Wow, Thanksgiving, even late, was good.

Auburn beating Alabama, that was awesome. There was no way I wanted to have to listen to Trai about Alabama winning for the next year. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, google "Iron Bowl". In college football rivalries ESPN ranked it second, only behind Army/ Navy. Thats a hardcore rivalry right there, something here in Bama we take very seriously, the only football game I watch all year. When kids are born here, their team is decided, til they get old enough to choose on their own. Luckily, none of mine have deflected to the enemy, although we did have a close call with Jakob one year.

A little peeved about Trai's boots. Did finally get a tracking number. Dude told me they would ship Monday, told me they did ship Tuesday, and in truth, they shipped Wendsday. And they'll be here this Wendsday. Pfffffft, stupid ebay stores. Oh well, he'll still get them and he'll still love them.

So anyway, Saturday was alright, won the game, went out for a few beers, came home. Were supposed to go riding to the Outpost yesterday, we've been trying to go for about three months, never made it. Woke up it was foggy and not too pretty looking, but, go figure it never did rain, until today. Did get a short little ride around town though, which was nice since Trai had been gone for those ten days.

Today it pours cats and dogs and Trai doesn't have to work, which is good, because he seems to have the flu again. Poor fellow. He finished my tattoo about 1am (yeah, we did another!), thought he was just tired, but then the shakes came, then the fever. No good at all, so thank god for rain and a day off.

And my tattoo, might be my new favorite. We put it on the leg with my Marah Johnson pink pig tailed skull, keeping with the theme of that leg. It's my kind of funky, kind of punk leg. I'll be adding Marah's drop dead red skull to it, as well as the pink cherries and that evil little bear. So this one, it was a kinda comic looking skull, in the start it had flames right behind it with some smoke behind that. I photoshopped all that out, left the stars and told Trai I wanted roses, yes roses. Now, this was shocking on a number of levels because :

(a) I said I never wanted flowers on me (yeah, that went out the window with the koi)

(b) I said I never wanted no stinking roses (yeah, I'm an anti rose girl, such standard flowers to me, don't by me roses, yuck, I'm a wildflower, sunflower kind of girl)

(c) Trai had just said he HATED doing roses, he was sick of them. I thought his head might explode when he said, just tell me what you want me to make your background out of and I'll do it baby.

It turned out awesome, colorful as usual, even though I did doubt him and argue with him when he added all 8 colors (yeah, I asked for three, he said trust me). And the kicker?

Amos, Savanna and Jakes names in the banner? They wrote them, trai tattooed them. Thats the bomb right there. Trai saves the day again, all I had was some scans of their handwriting, he took it, made it his own and rocked it. And thats just one of the gazillion reasons I love him.

No comments: