Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Nothing much exciting

Thinking about all I need to do for Thanksgiving, what I can do ahead of time. Chop the celery and onions, sautee the, make the cornbread, make the cranberry ketchup, lets see, what else, boil the chicken, I could even go ahead and make the dumplings and put them in the freezer. That'll be a good chunk of stuff outta my way. Oh yeah, could go ahead and bake Trai's birthday cake and freeze it too. Sounds like a winning plan for the day, clean house, get ready for Friday.
Friday Friday, I'm so excited Trai will be home. It will be Friday night, but he'll get here. It's been so long since I've been without him by my side everyday. He's been a part of my daily life since May, and it was hard, for this to be our first time apart, and it be his birthday, and it be Thanksgiving. And he'll only be home for a short while, they have a job in Florida to contend with, Home for Christmas, gone to diving school in Minnesota in January, More work in Florida after that. Makes me kinda sad to think that our daily time together is done. At least for now. But it's a good job, and to get sent to school to get certified for underwater welding, well, thats a blessing right there. 10 years, or maybe less, of this and he can open his tattoo shop of his very own that he wants so badly. And he can be happy. Thats really all I've ever wanted for him, even though he doesn't always get that. The boy deserves to be happy, he's had a rough life. I want to make his life easier, I want to help him, I want to see that genuine smile of his. I just want so much for him.
I know, some of you out there are like what about you? You know, I wanted and I wanted and I wanted, as far as my career or goals go. And my biggest goal was to get my Tyler book out there, to get those memorial layouts out there. And I did that. All I ever wanted was to honor my kids that are gone. First, the wonderful Jane Guthrie at Scrapbooking and Beyond ran 4 of my layouts in her magazine. she paved the way for me, made me even more determined to get that book out there. She took the layout that I had spent 2 years submitting to every call it might fit, the first layout I ever did that truly stunned me, floored me and wowed me. It's the only layout I have ever had with so much praise, over 3 pages at 2peas. The first layout I ever posted, what brought me to 2peas and the pub. I owe that layout alot, alot of friendships because of it, alot of closure, alot of courage, alot of happiness.
Then Pinecone Press came into play. And yeah, sometimes I get mad with them. Sometimes they don't pay me as fast as I would like or they should. But they, Debra especially, stuck their neck out for me with "Always Remembered". Deb wasn't sure at all about releasing a book of memorial layouts, then I showed her what kind of work I was talking about. And lets face, everybody knows a dead person right (yeah, kinda crass sounding I know, but I have 2 kids, gone from this earth, I can word it how I want)? It might be a freind, a brother, a sister, a parent or grandparent, a child or a cousin. But we've all lost someone and we don't need to lose their memories too. Thank you to Pinecone Press for letting me share that with my book.
I guess you can tell by my posts, its creeping up on Hunters birthday. they get a little more focused towards he and Tyler by the day, as does my mind. I need to keep busy, keep scrapping, keep cooking, keep doing whatever it is I can to keep my mind right. I won't let this ruin me this year. I can't...

No comments: