Saturday, December 8, 2007

Weekend blog challenge questions

So, I slacked and failed to answer yesterdays, and just to be sure I don't miss tommorows, I'm going to go ahead and do that too!
1) Your favorite Holiday Traditiion-
For all of my childhood, it was going to my gran Nonas for Christmas Eve. It was the best part of Christmas, seeing most of my favorite people, My grandaddy Red (before he passed away), my darling Uncle Bill (before he lost his mind), My Uncle Clay (because we were kids with a good healthy rivalry, he's only 13 months older than I). It was just the best part of Christmas anyway you looked at it. But things have changed, people changed or are gone, and it's not the same, nor is it our tradition anymore. Now I look forward to doing our own Christmas dinner, with mom, and each year for several years now doing it different. Cause you know, by the time Christmas gets here, theres already been Thanksgiving and maybe a Christmas meal or two. Turkey is not on top of my list. Last year it was all finger foods, it was fun, everyone wandered and ate good and had a great time...
2) Whats on top of your tree?
This year, and for a year or two now, it's been an angel is a turquoise robe. Has been known to be a glitterific star though..
3) Do you set up a nativity scene?
We did when I was a kid, and for the first few years of my kids lives, but we haven't in some time now..

No comments: