Monday, December 3, 2007

Sometime Last Week

I went a little crazy, got all manic and depressed and weird, about last Thursday. But My Hunter's 4 days are over, and I made it through them again. I'll spare everyone the details and leave you with a happy little story...

Yesterday, Trai took me on a ride, we finally made it to the Outpost. Had a nice ride, it wasn't too hot or too cold, not too much sunshine or too little. Trai got really sick coming home (after hours in the ER, determined it was not kidney stones but a SEVERE Urinary Tract Infection), but he made the best of it and tried really hard.


As we came through town I was looking at the Christmas lights and this is what was said...

ME "It's the damn Christmas lights again"

HIM "What are you talking about baby?"

ME "Remember the other night when I told you the last thing I expected ever in my life was to be riding down the road looking at lights from the back of a bike?"

HIM "Oh yeah."

apparently he could here the excitment or astoundment in my voice

HIM "Its something else to see them out in the open like that isn't it"

Me "Yeah... it is."


Maybe I should have told him what my mind really thought. It's like being a kid again, seeing everything brand sparkly shiny and new. For a moment I forgot I had spent all week, mad at the world, mad at god or whatever power. For a moment I was almost a kid again, that had never been hurt or dissappointed. I was truly excited and happy. Because of him, his world and way of seeing things...

No comments: